by WINTER CLARK 7 MAY MOON AND PRACTICE, WRITING
Self love is an interesting concept. It’s something that we’re all aware of but how we approach it will look differently for each of us. When we hear the question, “do you love yourself?” we may be faced with a mix of emotions as we think about it and try to answer in a way that feels right.
This topic is coming up strongly for May because spring is in the air and bringing new beginnings with it. May is also bringing us fertility, creation, love and really juicy energy (I’m looking at you Beltane!) that opens us up to new possibilities of how we relate to ourselves.
We experienced a highly transformative winter that led us unapologetically into March and April, where we shrugged off layers to release that which no longer served us under the Scorpio full moon. The beautiful thing is, universal energies are always working to assist us in our growth process as we pursue the things we deeply desire – even if it doesn’t always feel like it.
Self love is about attending to your needs in the way of balancing actions. We can think of energy balancing between two polarities; for example masculine and feminine energy.
If masculine energy is out of balance, this will show up as aggression or forcefulness, overworking oneself, speaking to ourselves in a harsh manner and so on.
Masculine energy in balance is direct, assertive, driven and goal oriented.
Imbalanced feminine energy can show up as passivity, avoiding, withdrawing and not voicing one’s needs. It can also look like hiding things out of fear, having difficulty receiving or putting aside priorities to help others more than what is necessary. Balanced feminine energy is receptive, regenerative (balanced give and take), nurturing and intuitive.
There are many ways to bring balance back in. If you’re finding that it’s hard to call in what you want such as a passion project, a new idea or a fresh direction for your life, considering the energies at play can be really beneficial in bringing the process back into flow.
Here are some examples of bringing masculine energy into balance:
– Setting your alarm to take scheduled breaks from work, such as a walk around the office or even better, outside around the block. Get some water or tea to refresh your brain!
– Placing crystals in the areas you spend the most time in at work (like your desk) or at home in your work space such as selenite (to raise the vibration), rose quartz (to bring gentleness into the space), or amethyst (to stay connected to your higher self).
– Making a point to get outside at least once a day. If you can do that, try getting in a walk at least once a week. Mindful walking means going at a relaxed pace, noting the plants and animals around you to see the dance of nature that’s happening behind the scenes.
When we balance feminine energy, it can look like:
– Saying no when you really don’t want to, don’t need to or don’t have to say yes.
– Incorporating more movement into your daily routine (Spotify dance break!).
– Allowing others to assist you from time to time instead of trying to do it all yourself. This is really helpful for those who find it challenging to receive and are more comfortable in the role as a “giver.”
These are methods that anyone can use because we all have masculine and feminine energies within us. We all fall out of balance from time to time! So be kind, be gentle but above all, be patient with yourself in this season of love and renewal.
SOURCE & STONE
Winter was trained at an early age to work with energy on all levels; for healing the spirit through Source, manifesting dreams into reality, and consulting with Divine energy for guidance and assistance. Her work is shamanistic: divinely guided and uniquely attuned, she is focused on helping others building trust within.